Training Specialist, California
- Oakland, CA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
The challenges of college affordability have never been more pronounced, and uAspire’s expertise – built over 30+ years of practice – has never been more needed across communities nationwide. The Training Specialist will provide a critical role in ensuring that uAspire achieves our ambitious and multifaceted plans for growth with quality through our T&TA model, thereby supporting the postsecondary goals of thousands of students to be realized each year. They will work with uAspire’s national and regional teams and be primarily responsible for the support of Training and Technical Assistance functions, including training and content development, delivery, and partner management. In addition to being responsible for tasks that focus on maintaining & coordinating effective delivery of our T&TA model, the Training Specialist will play a crucial role in supporting the growth of uAspire’s evolving impact models.
This position requires a driven individual with strong organizational, facilitation, communication, and listening skills. Someone who is able to balance competing priorities with accuracy, proficiency, and efficiency in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision. They will have a proven ability to deliver high-quality work and ensure the timely completion of tasks and deliverables in a collaborative environment. The right candidate for this position will possess a high level of integrity with the ability to handle a demanding work schedule and be able to respond to challenges with flexibility and grace. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to have a significant impact on front-line practitioners and students throughout California and the country.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Training and Technical Assistance. This role will be based in our Oakland office and will require traveling. However, this role will be remote until January 2022 and travel will not be considered prior to January 2022.
Training Delivery & Partner Management
- Provide engaging and informative in-person and webinar trainings to practitioners with beginner to advanced experience with college affordability.
- Manage training partnerships to ensure partner expectations are met and training outcomes are achieved. This includes partner onboarding, scheduling trainings, entering evaluation data into our Salesforce platform, troubleshooting and coaching partners via email, video, and phone calls.
- Responsible for online Partner Portal administration - provide coaching and guidance to partner organizations on complex college affordability issues through our online portal, and support in maintaining and updating portal's function and content.
- Travel throughout California and nationally to deliver trainings (once traveling resumes).
Training & Content Development
- Develop and curate training content and materials for California-specific financial aid.
- Create interactive activities, case studies, and resources rooted in real-world scenarios that can be leveraged in trainings for both general audiences as well as for specific training partners.
- Remain at the forefront of college affordability expertise and support the T&TA team in continuing to build and enhance our understanding of the broader field and our issue, including participating in Federal Student Aid trainings and specific content research.
Overall Program Support
- Assist with projects as needed such as developing technology best practices, conducting survey data entry and analysis, coordinating training calendars, and collaborating with teams across uAspire to support mission-focused work.
- Support uAspire’s efforts to build and maintain a variety of partnerships by assisting leadership with recruitment, communication, and implementation.
- Assist with administrative tasks across Impact work as needed, with a focus on training and partnership-related work.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in planning, facilitating trainings, and/or meetings. Ability to translate complex ideas and systems into engaging activities and content.
- High degree of professionalism, tact, initiative, and diplomacy
- Comfort with change - understands change is necessary to evolve as a person and as an organization. Able to quickly and methodically adjust priorities and suggest changes to improve the organization as a whole.
- Comfort and ability to utilize and adapt new and existing technology to meet practitioner needs, including a high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite software
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, education or non-profit setting desired
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multitask effectively and efficiently
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- College affordability knowledge and knowledge of California’s local community and regional higher education system, and/or being an alumnus of the California education system are all plusses.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning within a growing, entrepreneurial organization
- The ability to work flexible hours including frequent travel throughout California and nationally is required. The incumbent for this position must be based in California.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 3, 2021
COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is $44,500 - $55,750. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
STATUS: Exempt, full time
LOCATION AND WORK ARRANGEMENT: Ability to work flexible hours that will include some travel, as well as occasional early morning, evening, and weekend hours for attendance at events. The position is fully remote with the potential for future hybrid work (1-2 days ideal) based in Oakland, if desired.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: All uAspire employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination or proof of exemption for medical or religious reasons will be collected upon employee onboarding.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Training and Technical Assistance
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should apply through uAspire’s website here.
uAspire is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces and encourages applicants of every background. The company’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity means that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action and termination will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.